Last update: Mocová Klára Anna Mgr. Ph.D. (04.11.2013)
Lectures are given according mutual settlement between students and teacher, regularly during winter semester. Email communication necessary.
1. Toxicology like a scientific branch - history, definition, basic terms and relation.
2. Thinking about risk of chemicals for human.
3. Chemical individuality and toxicity. Human variability and sensitivity for poisons.
4. Types of toxic effect. Local toxic effect. Biochemical toxic effect. Immunotoxicity.
6. Mutagenity. Cancerogenity. Terratogenity.
6. Behaviour of toxic compounds in the human body.
7. Types of entry. Distribution.
8. Metabolism - types of biotransformation relations.
9. Storage. Excretion. Receptors for toxic chemicals.
10. Toxicity assessment - acute, subacute and chronic toxicity.
11. Selected inorganic toxic compounds.
12. Selected organic toxic compounds.
13. Impact of specific toxic chemicals on the environment.